Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Here we go again!

Just as I thought things were calming down and I had got all my work off to galleries, I have been flooded with emails today for orders of originals for Christmas. I find it very hard to say No so I will just work extra hard and REALLY enjoy my Christmas break.




I had a long, long day yesterday hence no blog. I went to Canterbury and Southwold in Suffolk and home again all in a day!!! For those who don't know , I was basically driving for 13 hours! I had a 2 hour break in Southwold where I met the lovely Marc from Serena Hall gallery for the first time. I also stretched my legs on a very windy beach and took some photos of the lines of beach huts there then nearly got knocked to the floor by a very excited big black dog! I do love a beach at this time of year, the sound of the crashing waves and the wind just encapsulated me and took control. Got some pretty good photos even though the light wasn't great.






The gallery was so much bigger than I expected. There was room after room of really vibrant pieces mostly with a coastal feel. I have been selling my work really well here for a year now so it was great to see where they go. I loved Serena's mixed media pieces, like this one called 'Happy'. There were lots more great artists and designers that I will feature for the rest of this week.



Right I need to go to start replying to some of these emails and start a worklist for the next couple of weeks to see what I can and can't fit in. Is it just a coincidence that it is all men that have contacted me for paintings before Christmas!!??? ;)

5 comments:

julie said...

Oh thats great news - extra orders!! I love the photos again today! Happy painting!

Lesley Todd said...

I hope one of them is my fiance. Well... you never know!! That would be a great Christmas present!!

Janet said...

Ha Lesley, It may well be! Three men though, how funny is that?! Hi Julie, I love love love your calendar, can we buy it somewhere?

julie said...

Thank you for your kind words on my calendar - they are actually part of a big calander swap and they are 12 versions of the month of May! I also did another 12 versions of November which i will upload this week.
I am working on some new paintings for my Etsy shop which are based on the calendars though. Maybe next year i will produce a whole calendar for sale!

Janet said...

Oh yes you should. I am placing my order now! Will keep my eye on etsy then.