Thursday, May 24, 2012

blue and orange





There's not much I enjoy as much as a good scavenge. We had a heads up that they had started pulling down the old sheds in our boatyard up the road so a friend and I headed off early this morning for a good route. No sign of the sheds coming down yet but I filled a huge bag with treasure, in the form of bits and pieces of wood and boat. I love looking round this yard. Its full of old fishermen and boaty folk and has such a great working atmosphere. Of course they thought we were mad routing on the floor for scraps and one even gave me an old mast, bonus!!! They allowed us a peek in their sheds and oh my, a treasure trove of goodness, my eyes couldn't take it all in. We had a quick coffee in the sun on the waters aede and I was back at the easel by 11 to finish a commission I will share in the next few days.


Got to go now, boys to feed but wanted to share