Thursday, May 31, 2012

200 today




I'm a lucky girl..... my husband loves to cook AND is very good at it.  I used to enjoy cooking but actually don't have much patience to follow recipes anymore.  I just tend to whip things up quite quickly, with whatever I can find it usually works but he is most definitely the cook in the house.  The last two evenings we have enjoyed the above two very simple recipes.  We got the sea bream for just £2 each which I thought was a bit of a bargain.  It is a delicious fish.
The little one has enjoyed these meals with us, he is mostly a very good eater and eats whatever we do.  One thing he doesn't seem to like is pasta?!?!?!?




Anyhow, I think today is my 200th post, I can't quite believe that...... 


This is what I wrote in my first post SIX years ago

This may be just a big mess because I have spent the last hour trying to work this out. I remember now why I didn't start this blog six months ago. I will not let this beat me! I am not a computer whizz, oh no siree, not at all. However my boyfriend who is beside me is a fantastic website designer. But I can do this on my own. Only because he does not have time to help me. So, yes I wanted to start this 6 months ago when I discovered the whole blogging community. I am now an avid reader of about 20 posts by lots of lovely crafty ladies around the world and every day I am amazed and inspired by the talent that is out there. I am an artist myself, I paint, every day from my studio at home and today I have relaunched my website!!! More of that to come. I studied multi media textiles 9 years ago and still do a bit but its getting messy with paint that I do for a living. Textiles is still my true love but I am afraid that if I veer that way I will not be able to make a living from it, instead I keep it as a sideline and a retreat. But each day I am inspired more to get back to my sewing machine and draw with that needle again. Anyway I hope to give a little back and give you some little tales from the life of an artist. Anyway I think that is enough for today as it will probably take me an age to get it up and running. But I need to say thank you to Abigail/Camilla/Amy and Karin who encouraged me to just do it. More soon when I figure this thing out. i think i just managed to add a photo, who knows???!!! I did, I am now editing this and hours later I am beginning to figure it out. Thanks Abigail again!!!!
What a sense of achievement.
Over and out



Things have changed quite a lot in our lives since then but what is still the same is I am no computer whizz and still trying xxxxx


Thanks to everyone who has supported me through some pretty hard times and lots of good times too. I love to read your comments, heres to the next 200 xxxxxx

5 comments:

Louise said...

I have just found your lovely blog and think it is wonderful. Congratulations on your 200th post, quite an achievement!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

CONGRATULATIONS. Oh and the header... tooooooo darn cute!

abigail*ryan said...

Yay for 200 posts! So glad to see you back at it... have been enjoying reading your posts between frenzied sewing sessions ;)

SOOO much has changed in the last 6 years, it's amazing to think back to when it was so new and foreign to be blogging!

Xxx

KELLY said...

This really made me smile...oh and my tummy rumble!!

Like you I started blogging in 2006. No Facebook...smartphones...CBeebies in our lives! Very Old School. And it was like a world of delight when I stumbled across such a community. No whizz myself but I think the just dive in and go for it approach has helped me learn a bit more about computers. I happened to drop HTML in to a conversation with my husband one day and scored a few brownie points!

It has been a joy to follow your posts over the years and get to make a real life friend too. Toasting your 200 and looking forward to reading many more. With love XxX

deraz said...

ابو الهول
كهربائي منازل وفلل عجمان
كهربائي منازل عجمان