Thursday, April 29, 2010

Polperro

I just finished this commission of Polperro in Cornwall for a lovely couple.
Polperro is one of the strangest, most delightful places I have ever been to in Cornwall. It had an almost magical feel to it, I can't describe it. Its made up of higgledy piggledy houses which of course I love but it seems such a creative little hub. It seems like the locals really really care about their village. There are no big corporate companies there so far, and that the way they like it.



This photo made me smile, lovely hubby was taking photos of our new placemats to go on the website but if you look closer you can see his funny little feet in the picture. I say funny little feet because I always tell him his toes are so straight you could use them instead of a spirit level.

Then someone recently told him he had the most perfect feet they had ever seen. DOH!!!! Oh, he LOVED that!!!


If you happen to be in Brighton, I have some originals and prints in the Yellow house Art open house as part of the Brighton festival. Over 243 venues are showing the work of over 1000 artists, amazing. Just wish I could go down to see some great art and craft.

Hoping for good weather this bank holiday weekend. Have a great one.....x

14 comments:

Doda said...

Wonderful painting - what a lucky lady that is getting that as a pressy. And the placemats look great too - as do your husband's perfect feet- how funny!

Cara said...

Oh that is a lovely painting, what a lovely man and a lucky lady. Um, placemats - ours are looking very tired right now :)

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Lovely painting Janet! I'm sure the lady in question will love it. In fact how jealous am I!

I've got my fingers crossed for some bank holiday sunshine too! :) Lets hope it's a scorcher for all.

Gilly Tee said...

I hope my husband buys me something that nice for my birthday.

KELLY said...

what a happy looking place! great to see your paintings again...and what a lucky lady lesley is : )

feet are just funny aren't they?! x

Sue Pinner said...

very lucky lady indeed and love the place mats
Hugs x

noelle said...

I love your painting, Polperro is lovely. What a great present! x x

Julia said...

Your paintings are so lovely Janet, so colourful and cheerful - Im sure the lady you painted it for will be over the moon happy with delight when she receives it!

Love Julia x x x

Lesley Todd said...

JANET!!!!!!!!!!! It is truely amazing!!! I was so shocked this morning when he revealed the painting to me!! I really had no idea!! I think the most lovely painting ever!! And so wonderful to be able to see your work close up in person and spend all the time I want looking at it. In fact the more I look the more I find. LOVE the blue peter pub and how you made it stand out!! This will have to take pride of place in our house. Thanks ever so much. :-) xxx

kirsty said...

I love the painting, recognised it straight away! Always wonder how Polperro people get their grocery shopping home - driving a car there is almost impossible! xx

kriket said...

Ha poor Sean - funny feet, but sturdy feet! Put those funny feet up tonight on a foot rest and poor yourself a lovely cold one, you deserve it!

Photography said...

Wow that is amazing I love it! and your blog :-)

yanmaneee said...

curry 8 shoes
nike off white
cheap jordans
yeezy 700
kd 12
cheap jordans
yeezy boost 350 v2
nike sb
hermes handbags
kyrie spongebob

Anonymous said...

golden goose outlet
off white hoodie
hermes outlet
fear of god essentials hoodie
ggdb outlet
golden goose outlet
bape
kyrie shoes
curry shoes
hermes outlet