Friday, January 12, 2007

More spiced tea vicar?!?

Hello everyone and welcome to the International tea party, organised by the fantastic Risa.
I bravely posted a photo so here I am having my first cup of tea of the day from my favourite little mug by Royal Copenhagen. Lo and behold I realised I don't own a proper tea cup. How utterly un English of me!
To make up for that I am wearing my favourite
Orla Kiely teacup wellington boots to the party.

Later I am going to serve some spiced apple tea (dead easy) in these Moroccan style glasses from Ikea.

SPICED APPLE TEA
Makes 6 glasses
Ingredients:
2 pints boiling water
3 tea bags
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups 100% apple juice or cider (cider is nicest!!!!)
Cinnamon sticks

Directions: Add tea bags to boiling water. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add apple juice/cider and reheat. Pour into mugs. Add a stick of cinnamon to each.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!


and I am longing for this lovely cosy by one of my favourite embroiderers
Poppy Treffry



I would love a nice slice of cake or a biscuit or two but NO I am on a major diet so that in six months time I can fit into a wedding dress in July.
I hope everyone is having fun, off to finish some painting. Warm wishes to all xxx

16 comments:

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I am having so much fun with the Tea party, It is so nice to meet you...

julie said...

hey, lovely to see you..i was also brave (or mad!!) to post a pic of myself!!! I love the little pinky in the air :) and the tea cosy!!
Have a great weekend xxx

tatjana said...

oh dear, I think I'm coming down with Wellie envy ;) Very cute, and I'll have to try the apple spice, it sounds yummy!

mormar said...

I love the wellies. I love apple spiced tea, but love spiced wine even more..
Very nice to meet you.

Veronica TM said...

Lovely boots! And thanks for the recipe. It is very nice to have tea with you.

Unknown said...

The boots, the mug, the cozy, you! It's all too cute...and maybe just maybe mine is really coffee. Don't tell ;)

Loonytick Skook said...

That necklace is FANTASTIC! Lurve, lurve, lurve it.

Anastasia said...

Looks like a fun party!!! a wonderful recipe that I'll have to try! Delicious!

Mama Said Sew said...

Love the wellies Janet! And thanks for sharing the Apple Tea recipe. Sounds like just the thing for a cold night.

Janet said...

hello all, thanks for the kind comments, so nice of you to stop by, I do hope you come again! Glad you like my boots. I have lived in them this Winter. Hope to see you all soon xox

lisa solomon said...

so very nice to see you!
and add my oohs to the chorus on the boots! :)

Lesley Todd said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to try your apple spiced tea. It sounds devine. Thanks for posting the recipe.

ps. I've been lusting after that tea cozy for ages! It's gorgeous isn't it :)

paula said...

Hi Janet,

Nice to meet you at the tea party on friday. Wasn't it a really great party?
It was such a great idea of yours to bring that wine bottle ;)
I love those wellies.
Cheers!
Paula :)

Tracy said...

OOoh...Janet, firstly congrats on your coming wedding! Thanks so much for sharing a recipe for your apple tea, love your Orla Kiely boots and cute necklace. You look lovely, thank you so much for posting your picture (be it your 22nd attempt) :)

thehoth said...

replica bags from korea replica bags hong kong replica bags turkey

Unknown said...

cliquez pour enquêter dolabuy louis vuitton cliquez réplique dolabuy lire ce qu'il a dit dolabuy.su